Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Thanks to all who've started reading regularly. I hope it's been worth your while. I can't believe I've actually accumulated some regular readers in less than two weeks. I'll pick up where I left off after I get back and try to make it even more worth your while to check me out. Here are a few topics/ideas in my queue. (Yes, this is a blatant plug so that, hopefully, you'll want to check back here; if you've been reading from the beginning, you'll know I can be as blatant as any blogger in self-promotion.) A very partial (and ever-changing) list:
- Clinical trials
- The Nazi biomedical vision and how it led to Auschwitz
- Battling quackery in conventional medicine
- How alt-med purveyors scare patients away from chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- What is a scientific "theory"?
- Hate speech laws
- Why Creationism is not science
- Holocaust "revisionism" versus Holocaust denial
- Stem cell research
- Conspiracy theories in alternative medicine
- Do Holocaust deniers really believe what they say about the Holocaust?
- Logical fallacies loved by pseudoscientists and Holocaust deniers
- Levels of medical evidence
- Treating chronic pain versus the "War on Drugs"
- Why ineffective alternative medicine is not "harmless"
- How and why alternative medicine is misrepresented in the media
- How clinical trials are spun in the media and by drug companies
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.