One week reminder for Tangled Bank

Blogging will be light the rest of this week. There are two reasons. First, my parents are in town, and I won't be spending much time typing. I'll try to post something every day, but, other than a piece I wrote a while ago for just such occasions, posts are likely to be of the Instapundit variety link and comment. (In fact, we're going to leave on a road trip to New York in a couple of hours to hang out and then go and see Spamalot. Maybe I'll play theatre critic and post a review after my parents have left.) Second, as hard as it is to believe, my turn to host the Tangled Bank is only one week away. Good submissions have just started to trickle in, but I need more if I hope to live up to the high standards of previous editions. I can't do it without the help of my fellow bloggers. Submissions on all scientific topics are welcome and encouraged, but, given that I'm a physician-scientist, I tend to have a special interest in posts having to do with medical science or science as it relates to human disease. However, interesting or unusual posts about other areas of science are also highly desirable. I want to learn something putting this together!

So, if you have a blog and have written an article about science that you'd like to promote to a wider readership, send the permalink to either orac_usa AT hotmail DOT com or to host AT tangledbank.net. Please include the words "TANGLED BANK" in all caps in the Subject header. The deadline will be 9 PM, Tuesday, April 5, and my edition will be posted on the morning of April 6. Because of past snafus with hyperactive spam software preventing submissions from making it to the host, I will try to acknowledge all submissions with a return e-mail within 24-48 hours of receiving them. Of course, that means if you happen to be the type who likes to submit things at the last minute (as I have on occasion done myself), there might not be time for you to get one and you'll just have to hope I got your submission.

Oh, and the third reason blogging is likely to be light is that Blogger is acting up again this week. It's driving me crazy and not letting me post. It's not quite as bad as it was a couple of weeks ago, but it's bad. I was completely locked out from my blog earlier this morning. I thought that I wouldn't be able to post until sometime after we got back from the city, which will certainly be after midnight. Fortunately, Blogger started working and hopefully it will actually let me post this. Only one way to find out...

The Tangled Bank

Comments

  1. I'm jealous - I'm nowhere near driving distance for Spamalot.

    -Ali

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts