Friday, September 23, 2005

The Mad House Madman tells it like it is

Medical students! You want to know how to write a scintillatingly brilliant personal statement for your residency applications?

Listen to the Mad House Madman! He'll tell you how. The Madman gives ready, bite-sized prose to sneak into your personal statement to guarantee that you get noticed by the residency admissions committee. Actually, his suggestion for medicine residency applications sums up perfectly why I went into surgery instead:
I really love treating chronic disease. I particularly enjoy diabetes. It always fascinated me how blood glucose can go up and then down and then up, and then down. I find it particularly interesting how certain medications will help and then stop helping, and then I add another medication, and then that will help, and eventually it will stop helping. Sweet! (I mean that ironically)"

2 example(s) of insolence returned:

At 9/23/2005 9:09 AM, Blogger coturnix said...

Oooh, that sounds exciting! Is it too late for me? I'd love to watch glucose go up and down ;-)


At 9/23/2005 11:37 AM, Blogger Internal Medicine Doctor said...

thanks for the plug orac


Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Links to this insolence:

Create a Link

<< Home