For all you Detroiters out there...

As I wrote about a week or so ago, Detroit Santarchy is tonight! My sister plans on being there (and hopefully will send pictures). So, if you happen to be in the area of downtown Detroit tonight at bars such as the Lager House, LJ's Lounge, the Irish Gaelic League, or the other bars listed here, you very well may have a horde of thirsty Santas (many of them--shall we say?--unconventional) descend upon your bar looking for a good time. Wish them all a Merry Christmas.


What's with the flaming tailpipe on the bus? Too much ethanol?








Looks like this Santa's had enough. 2:03 AM? Sounds about right...

Comments

  1. Kia Ora (Hello) from "Santa" !!! Has no one told, that the bus is my new transport. I'm was just waiting for my "helpers" to get on board, so I could blast off into the wild blue yonder (hehe)
    Merry Christmas Ho Ho Ho !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't amke it to Detroit, but Ann Arbor had its own Variant Santarchy Syndrome. See Mark's post here

    http://markmaynard.com/index.php/2005/12/18/zombie_claus_redux

    and my personalized take on it, here:

    http://corpus-callosum.blogspot.com/2005/12/zombie-claus-expos.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regarding the flaming tailpipe - it's an old hotrodder's trick. As I understand it, they have some way of dumping fuel into the engine so that it runs overrich, then they ignite the exhaust at the tailpipe with a spark plug installed for just that purpose. I think that's the gist of it. Maybe a hot rodder can explain further.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts