More uses for a light saber

With the release of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith only one week away, I have to admit I'm starting to get a little bit excited about it. As a big fan of the original three movies (I saw the first showing of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi the days they were released in 1980 and 1983), I was quite disappointed in the prequels. The last two movies were mediocre (worse, parts of Episode II were actually kind of dull--a mortal sin for any Star Wars movie); but, geek that I am, I have to confess that the trailer for Episode III looks very promising, as does the description of the movie in the latest Time Magazine. Do I dare hope that George Lucas, after two misfires, has finally delivered the goods and produced a worthy successor to the original movies? (If only he hadn't bothered with Episodes I and II. And if only he could have left well enough alone and not tinkered with the original three movies to turn them into "special editions.")

So, given my Star Wars geekiness (although, thankfully, I'm nowhere near as bad as these geeks), it's only natural that, via Keat's Telescope, I would be amused by these additional uses for a light saber (and more here). I could think of yet a few more (lighting charcoal grills, for instance), but this will do for now.

And don't forget to check out how Darth Vader reacted to Luke's escape at the end of Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back or how he likes to deal with labor unrest among the contractors building the second Death Star. I wonder how much longer Darth Vader's blog can continue, given that he's now entering into Episode VI territory.

Comments

  1. Liucas' own description of the new 'un isn't promising. As one Agency report put it:

    "Describing Revenge of the Sith as 'Titanic in Space', Lucas said the movie, which charts Anakin Skywalker's transformation into Darth Vader, was a 'tearjerker'."

    Titanic in space? Ugh.

    Incidentally, can anone spot the logical inconsistencies in this further remark of Lucas'?

    "It will be received in a way that none of us can expect."

    Answers on a postcard to the usual address, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Predictions are that the DarthSide will conclude on May 19th... surprise, surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He'll have to hurry if he wants to get the entire plot of Return of the Jedi in by then...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The uses for the lightsaber cracked me up! Thanks for that. :)

    -Ali

    ReplyDelete
  5. a guilty pleasure i'll admit to as well. next wednesday at 12:01 i'll be asleep, but hopefully i'll catch the movie within a week or two!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts