Meeting short take #1: The Amazing Randi is recovering from heart surgery

Even at my meeting, I couldn't help but mention this. For those who might not know yet:
James Randi underwent bypass surgery last Thursday. He is currently in stable condition. He is receiving excellent care, but will need quiet time to recover. We will release more information as it becomes available, and we ask everyone to please respect the family’s wishes for privacy at this time.

For those who feel a need to help, please consider donating blood at your local Red Cross or Community Blood Center. Cards may be sent to Randi in care of JREF, 201 SE 12 Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316.
I had heard through another forum that Randi had had a heart attack recently. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

Comments

  1. When he recovers, I hope you will all recognize that the reason he is in better health is because I sat around and meditated on his condition and sent psychic healing beams at him through my astrological astral plane projection tarot ball...not some "establishment" treatment like surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...snort... I almost sprayed calvados all over my keyboard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spoke personally (very briefly) with Mr. Randi in Las Vegas, 2 Saturdays ago. He's probably one of the nicest people I have met in a long time (along many of with his staff at JREF). It seems he'll make time to spend a few minutes with any critical thinker, even if just to say hello, and accept a sincere thank you for his tireless efforts. I wish him a speedy recovery. Thank's for including him on your blog Orac.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did it have anything to do with his left ventricle?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard it was his right. So, even with Sylvia Browne hedging her bets, it seems she was wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts