International Internet-free Day?
Then I was made aware of this:
Have you started tilting your head sideways to smile? When you check your e-mail and it says "No new messages", do you immediately check again? Do you dream in HTML? You could be spending too much time on the Internet. So Sunday January 29th has come along at the right time, as it is International Internet-Free Day.Contrarian that I am, I decided right then and there that I had to post something today; so I did.
An idea promoted by the online democratic think-tank the Global Ideas Bank, Internet-Free Day is a day to log off, get out and enjoy the real world.
Why an Internet-Free Day?
- Because it's all too easy to miss out on face-to-face interaction with your family, friends and neighbours.
- Because the net can be addictive, and a day of cold turkey won't hurt.
- Because blogging doesn't provide your daily vitamins and minerals.
- Because you've got RSI coming on in your mouse arm.
- Because we all need time to reflect.
- Because the real world is a wonderful place.
- Because if the mere idea of it enrages you, you definitely need it
That is all.