Another cool World War II site

I'm being made aware of interesting World War II sites fast and furious now. This time it's Wartime Images. The webmaster says:
In the Second World War people at home with loved ones spread far away around the world with the forces were fed a diet, often government backed, of "how it works" or "how we will win" technical information leaflets. Very often these would have contained superb cut away and sectioned diagrams, showing the "insides" or as was said at the time "the works!" of the machines that were winning the war for us!
And there are indeed some very cool cutaway and sectioned diagrams. I'm adding this one to my sidebar as well, as I did for World War II in Color a couple of days ago.

Comments

  1. I was actually going to tell you about that first link a little while back, but I forgot. There's also a cool WWI color photo site, but I suppose that doesn't really fit the theme. And I also just found this.

    -ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I'd be interested in seeing the WWI color phot site. I didn't know there were any color pictures frm WWI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's really some amazing stuff.the comments section on that page has some other good links and a description of the process for creating these photos - something having to do with a three-color screen and potato starch.

    -ali

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts