For all you Biblical literalists out there

Lonely? Need a wife?

Well, as always, the Bible has the answer with its Top 15 Biblical Way to Acquire a Wife.

I'm not sure I'd pick #8, though:

Cut off 200 foreskins off of your future father-in-law's enemies and get his daughter for a wife.
-- David (I Samuel 18:27)

Well, fundamentalists do say that the Bible should be taken literally, but they are rather selective about which parts they mean. On the other hand, these particular fundamentalists do seem to have a bit of sense of humor about the Bible, which is unusual. Looking at the rest of their site is a bit disturbing, though. One can't help but wish they had a similar sense of humor about the loopier stuff they advocate. After all, if they can recognize that the ways men acquired wives in the list above shouldn't be applied to today's living, why can't they recognize other parts of the Bible that should be considered allegorical rather than literal?

Comments

  1. That one page was amusing, but if I'd hoped the site was one that isn't serious fundie, I sure was disappointed.

    What the heck got you there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot where I came across the link. However, you're right. I didn't look closely at the rest of the site, just the link, and I only now realize how loopy a fundie site it is. Oh well, I just added a little text to the post so that folks like you don't have the same reaction.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts